Growing your business can be a challenge. If you’re not using social media for your business, you should be. If you are, here are some basic dos and don’ts for a successful online presence.
- Have a plan and stick to it.
- Set both realistic and measurable goals.
- Be consistent in when, how and what you post.
- Listen to your network.
- Engage with regular communication.
- Post content that your network will share.
- Don’t limit your social media presence to one site. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses.
- Don’t use social media to overtly sell. Use it to educate and inform.
- Don’t use your business accounts as your personal accounts.
- Don’t forget to be polite. Thank others for shares, comments, posts and likes.
- Don’t spam.
- Don’t be negative or defensive. Highlight your business’s strengths and successes rather than getting defensive when others pinpoint weaknesses and failures.