Hashtags are a great way to mark keywords on social media. If you hashtag a word or phrase, it is then categorized and made easily searchable. Here are a few tips on how to use hashtags.
- Use #hashtags that are relevant to your tweets or posts.
- Two to three hashtags should be the max per post.
- Look at what’s trending to see if you can add a related hashtag. This will generate more exposure.
- Hashtag consistently across social media.
- Don’t spam or overuse them. #It #gets #annoying #and #categorizes #irrelevant #material.
- Make clear and unique tags, but keep them simple.
- Find popular tags for your industry.
- Check out hashtags.org to see popular tags.